Fascinating Tips for a Post Renovation Cleaning
Post renovation cleaning involves dealing with all the dust and waste materials resulting from refurbishment. When on a mission to beautify a house or home compound, there results in a lot of debris and worn out parts. After the renovation process, it becomes necessary to clear up the mess and debris so that the house and the compound look neat.
Most house owners in Singapore are outsourcing these services to different cleaning and home improvement companies which offer well-defined packages for both interiors and exterior home improvement. Renovation involves some of the following activities replacing old and broken knobs; air filters and Aircon replacements, general uplift of the whole house including lavatory and bathrooms. Thus, post renovation activities involve removing the resulting mess from repair and renovation work. Cleaning may involve the following areas and places, grills and window, gates and doors, balcony cleaning, cabinets, shelves, bathrooms, kitchens, floors, ceiling and walls.
Post renovation cleaning can be done by the homeowner, outsourced to third parties, hire a part time maid to help in sorting out things or hire a technician for the technical bit. If hiring the services of third party, it is advisable to consider the following tips:
· Label the items in the house before the cleanup process starts. This makes it easier to look for items in case you hire professional or third parties to do the renovation cleaning.
· Choose a team which uses environment: -friendly cleaning products. Since the house is a little messy after the renovation, the cleaner may be tempted to use hard detergents with scouring effects in order to remove the stains. While it may remove the stains, it can also affect the natural coloring of the area being cleaned for example furniture and carpets. It is always good to use organic, natural products which are eco-friendly and which have no strong smell since some people are highly sensitive to smell and asthmatic. Use of detergents with no smell if possible is encouraged.
· Choose a team with integrity, since post cleaning involves having access to many areas of the house by total strangers, it is always good to look for cleaners who have a good reputation and are able to provide an account of any missing item or at least offer the reason for its removal.
· Check for licenses and authorization documents from relevant authorities so that you avoid dealing with unqualified service providers. Also confirm their work permits and badges.
Regardless of whether you are hiring a cleaning company or doing the clean up for yourself, the following tips are important in order to do the cleaning easily and with ease.
· Have safety precautions in place to avoid bruises or any other body harm. Use hand gloves which are resistant to chemicals, head helmets, dust coats, overalls, protective goggles and respiratory protection masks.
· Start by removing all the big part and large debris like woods, metals, cut out clothes and fallen, soft boards. This ensures that all the places which had been blocked by them can be easily accessed and thus it becomes easy to sort the rest of the things easily.
· Clean up the lighting system and bulbs area so that you work on a fully lighted place. This will help you see even the finer particles. A well-lighted place reduces the risk of harm and improves the cleaning process efficiency.
· Trim all loose ends so that the probability of materials falling from either the ceiling or the walls are minimal. This reduces redundancy and repeat of work during the cleaning process. If dangling materials are not cut off, they might keep falling even after cleaning and also pose a security threat.
· Start cleaning the house and end with the outside compound. While doing the inside cleaning, always start with the ceiling coming down the wall to the floor. Use dump clothes to wipe down any sticky materials on the wall.
· Sweep the floor before having a vacuum on it, this helps to remove the larger particles. Fully vacuum the floor and even run the horse pipe on the wall and the ceilings to get rid of any dust which might have been blown up again. Mop the already vacuumed floor to get rid of the fine dust waste matters which may have escaped the sweeping stick.
· When it comes to mirrors, windows, glass furniture and shower stalls use squeegees and microfiber cloth since these give a soft finishing. Use vinegar and water to make the cleaning solution. First clean in a circular manner followed by vertical swipes and finish with horizontal swipes to give the glass a good shining. It is recommended to use distilled water as it has fewer chances of leaving behind streaks.
· Cabinets and drawers cleaning, it is always good to use the minimum amount of water when cleaning. Water in metal cabinets can cause rust and in wooden cabinets it can cause dampness which can lead to molds growing. For metal cabinets, be careful not to use the baking soda as it is corrosive to metal. Otherwise for wooden cabinets, baking soda can be used to remove heavy stains. Vinegar or liquid detergents can be used on both. For grease build up areas, use ammonia, and water mixture but ammonia should be in a mild state.
· Showers taps, bathtubs, basins and even the toilet should be cleaned thoroughly. Use scrub brushes to scour the surface and in case there are hard stains, use thinner or methyl spirit. Finally, rinse with a soft lofty cotton towel which is not water soaked.
· When it comes to the exterior areas, start by sweeping the whole compound to remove out blunt and large objects on the pavements and balcony pathways. The compound is the judging point of how the inner house is from the outside world perspective.
· On the part of the bedroom and the sitting room, beds, bedding plus chairs should be vacuumed and in case any water or a liquid stain had fallen on the fabric cover, always blot out. Avoid using chemical detergents on these unless extremely important since the smell can be irritating while sleeping on the bed or relaxing on a chair. Thus, since this is a sensitive part of the Post renovation cleaning process, it is one of the areas which are recommended to be outsourced to a professional. Singapore has numeral companies which do professional Post renovation cleaning.
· After you are done with the cleaning, most of the moving parts will have lost their lubrication due to use of chemicals, consider lubricating all the door hinges and gates locks to reduce wear and tear associated with sliding parts.
· Read the maintenance manuals for the newly fitted pieces of equipment and gadgets to ensure that all the necessary precautions are followed in order to maintain the original functionality.
· Entrance gate sections, the pavements and driveways should be checked well for any objects which might have fallen during the renovation process, for example, the nails and metallic objects. Clear out the sand deposits on the pathways since they can cause sliding and eventual harm.
Finally after doing all the Post renovation cleaning, keep checking back after every once in a while to ensure that any recurring dirt and dust are cleaned off. Select the company with the best waste disposal mechanism or if personally doing the cleaning, always follow the waste disposal criteria required. A certification by Singapore institution of safety officers is always recommended.